Thursday, October 16, 2008

Serving IPv6 from Cacheboy-1.6.PRE2

I've done the very minimum amount of work required to get Cacheboy-1.6.PRE2 to the point where it'll handle IPv6 client requests. I've put it in front of which now has v4 and v6 records.

There's still plenty of work to do to bring it up to par with the Squid-3 IPv6 support but that will have to wait a while. Specifically, (if anyone feels up to handling it), the dns, ipcache and fqdncache code all needs to be massaged to support IPv4 and IPv6 handling. It shouldn't be that much work.

Cacheboy-1.6 is definitely now in the "freeze and fix bugs as they creep up" stage. I'll continue the memory allocator and HTTP parser code reimplementation in their respective branches and get them ready for merge once I'm happy 1.6 is stable. The rest of the IPv6 support will also have to wait.

Friday, October 3, 2008

Cacheboy IPv6 update

I've made some progress in the IPv6 reorganisation in cacheboy. I've converted the ACL, authentication and ident code over to support v4/v6. I'm now going to convert over the client_db, request_t structure and then the related stuff like logging, x-forwarded-for, etc. I'll then revisit what else is required before I enable v6 sockets on the http client-side. It -should- be pretty minimal - persistent connections/connection pinning (for just assembling the hash key) and some SNMP code to just gloss over IPv6 connections for the time being.

Hm, I was hoping to have this all done by the end of September but I've been a bit busy with paid work. I'll hopefully have this done just after NYCBSDCON. I hope. :)